11 years ago
Sunday, August 24, 2008
End of Summer BBQ
Last Saturday, the 20s/30s group at my church gathered in San Carlos for an end of summer BBQ. As always, the weather was amazing - it hasn't rained here since sometime in February or March! Debby Kramer was our host, along with her two dogs Calvin and Murphy (a golden retriever!). We relaxed in her backyard, ate some great food, and played Ungame, which consisted of a lot of deep questions, some we wanted to answer, some we didn't! We also planned our activities for the fall. I am so grateful that this group has come alive throughout the course of this year. Even though I am nearing the one-year mark of my life in California, I still miss my friends and family back east on a daily basis. Having the 20s/30s group has helped me feel more of a sense of community in a region where this often seems to be lacking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I feel so blessed for the developments of our church. Steve deserves a big hug or something for bringing us together-- he's doing an awesome job. He's great at reaching out together.
Really, would we all have found each other on Sundays without the group? I think it's awesome. We don't get to go to Sunday school or anything, so having an affinity group for a typically-small church demographic is an awesome way to make sure that demographic doesn't slip away :)
Post a Comment